MORE AIR POLLUTION
MORE WATER POLLUTION
The NJ TRANSITGRID Project is a proposed gas-fired power plant to be built on a polluted Superfund site.
Amount of Superstorm Sandy taxpayer money that would be used to build a resiliency project in a FLOOD ZONE!
of greenhouse gases every year, in an era of rising sea levels.
"MONSTER OF POLLUTION"
These types of plants are monsters of air pollution in New Jersey emitting heavy metals and chemicals like ammonia and nitrogen oxide.
This would be built on a flood-prone Superfund site
More pollution disproportionately impacting low-income communities in Kearny, Newark, and Jersey City adds to public health costs.
will provide clean energy without adding greenhouse gases that are triggering sea level rise, flooding, and giant storms that are the threats to our transit system.
- Go to your municipal council meeting and ask your council and mayor
to pass a resolution opposing the “NJ TRANSITGRID” Power Plant in Kearny.
- Write, call and visit your county, state and federal representatives.
- Ask Governor Murphy to put a moratorium on new gas plants in New Jersey because we need to stop the proliferation of dirty fossil fuels across our state.
- Volunteer to help inform your neighbors and community members!
- Download Nextdoor and tell all your neighbors.
or text “TRANSIT” to the number 69866